Located in a state-of-the-art, LEED certified facility, The Farmer School of Business is proud to offer one of the world's best undergraduate business educations.
We are consistently ranked among the nation's top 25 undergraduate business programs by BusinessWeek, which recognizes what we feel are the school’s strengths:
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, with accessible faculty who are experts in their fields;
- An emphasis on experiential learning, international study, and leadership development;
- A strong entrepreneurship program, ranked 16th among undergraduate entrepreneurship programs by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine;
- An ever-expanding network of relationships with business and organizational leaders, which enables us to bring outstanding speakers to campus;
- Active recruitment of our students by several hundred employers, who also value our students as interns. Within six months of graduation, 98 percent of the Class of 2012 was employed full time or enrolled full time in graduate school.
At the Farmer School of Business, we strive to prepare our students to function knowledgeably in any part of the world, and to become leaders in the workplace and the community.
The Farmer School is composed of six departments. Also within the school are the Institute for Entrepreneurship and the Center for Business Excellence. The interdisciplinary Interactive Media Studies program has facilities in the Farmer School but draws its students and faculty from several divisions.
The Farmer School at a glance:
- We graduate about 900 students each year;
- Students admitted to Miami's honors program are automatically eligible for Business Honors;
- We offer eight majors and a variety of minors and thematic sequences;
- Our undergraduate business program is ranked 22nd in the nation, 8th among public institutions by BusinessWeek;
- Our entrepreneurship program ranks among the nation's top 20;
- Our undergraduate and graduate accountancy programs rank among the nation's top 25;
- More than 60 percent of our undergraduates study abroad;
- An increasing number of courses in the Farmer School offer hands-on experience with real clients;
- The Farmer School is home to many business organizations that offer significant leadership development;
- Miami's championship Mock Trial program is housed in the Farmer School;
- Our building is LEED certified at the Silver level and we seek to be a leader in sustainable business practices.
Last modified on 4/5/13 | Content maintained by