Admission to the MAcc Program
We are no longer accepting applications for 2014-2015. Applications for 2015-2016 will be available on the Graduate School's website beginning in September.
Application deadlines are:
- International applicants: November 15
- Domestic applicants: January 15 (Priority deadline for financial award consideration is January 1)
Admission is highly selective so we recommend that you
apply early. Applications received after these
deadlines will be considered for admission only if
space is available.
The admissions committee evaluates applicants based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate academic record (university transcript)
- GMAT or GRE score (our GMAT program code is Q6W-8F-22; GRE university code: 1463, program code: 4001) *Graduates of the Farmer School of Business Accountancy undergraduate program are no longer required to submit a GMAT score, though we do recommend it.*
- TOEFL/IELTS score (international students)
- Professional, community, and extracurricular activities (resume)
- Personal statement
- This is a marketing tool for you; take this opportunity to tell us who you are, what's important to you, and other information that you believe makes you unique. You may choose to expand on items on your resume (e.g. educational and professional experiences) or highlight other achievements or goals. Your personal statement should show us how you will be a valuable addition to the Miami MAcc program. Tell us your story!
- Three letters of recommendation
- At least two must be from professors of upper-level accountancy courses
- Please click here or visit tinyurl.com/MAccFERPA to complete a FERPA release and request online letters of recommendation. We will continue to accept hard-copy recommendations; the recommendation form may be found here.
**Applicants must upload your unofficial transcript, resume, and personal statement at the time of application. An official transcript will only be required if you receive an offer of admission.**
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for accountancy prerequisites
- A score of at least 500 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and at least 95 (with a Speaking score of at least 24) on the internet-based TOEFL (international applicants)
Please note that the above are minimum credentials; it is recommended that applicants have a GPA (overall and in accountancy) of at least 3.3, a GMAT score of at least 600, and a TOEFL score (if applicable) of at least 100 (with Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening scores of at least 24) or equivalent IELTS score (8 composite/7.5 per section).