- SPRING 2013
- TW 3:30-6:00 pm
- Ph.D. University of Tennessee, Business Administration, 1994
- M.Acc. University of Virginia, McIntire School, Accounting, 1991
- B.S. Penn State University, Accounting, 1986
Academic & Professional Experience
- Professor, Department of Accountancy, Miami University (2006–Present)
- Associate Professor, Department of Accountancy, Miami University (2000–2006)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Accountancy, Miami University (1994–2000)
- Noreen, E, P. Brewer, and R. Garrison, Managerial Accounting for Managers, 1st edition, ©2009, McGraw-Hill/Irwin Textbook Publishing, Burr Ridge, IL.
- Brewer, P., R. Garrison, and E. Noreen, Introduction to Managerial Accounting, 4th edition, ©2009, McGraw-Hill/Irwin Textbook Publishing, Burr Ridge, IL.
- Brewer, P., M. Garamoni, and J. Haddad, “University Tees: Introducing Fundamentals of Management Accounting in a Small Business,” Journal of Accounting Education, forthcoming.
- Brewer, P., “Redefining Management Accounting: Promoting the Four Pillars of Our Profession,” Strategic Finance, March 2008.
- Kennedy, F. and P. Brewer, “Motivating Employee Performance in Lean Environments: Respect, Empower and Support,” in Lean Accounting: Best Practices for Sustainable Integration (ed.) Joe Stenzel, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, April 2007.
- Garrison, R., Noreen, E. & Brewer, P. C. (2007). Managerial Accounting, 12th edition McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Brewer, P. C., Garrison, R. & Noreen, E. (2006). Introduction to Managerial Accounting, 3rd edition McGraw-Hill/ Irwin.
- Garrison, R., Noreen, E. & Brewer, P. (2006). Managerial Accounting, 11th edition, Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill/Irwin Textbook Publishing.
- Kennedy, F. & Brewer, P. C. (2006). The Lean Enterprise and Traditional Accounting: Is the Honeymoon Over? Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, 63-74.
- Ballou, B., Brewer, P. C., & Heitger, D. (2006). Integrating the Balanced Scorecard and Enterprise Risk Management. Internal Auditing, 21 (3), 34-38.
- Kennedy, F. A. & Brewer, P. C. (2005). Lean Accounting: What's It All About? Strategic Finance.
- Brewer, P. C. & Kennedy, F. (2005). Creating a Lean Enterprise: The Case of The Rubber Gasket Company. Strategic Finance.
Honors & Awards
- 2008: Certificate of Merit, Institute of Management Accountants for article titled “Redefining Management Accounting: Promoting the Four Pillars of Our Profession” published in Strategic Finance.
- 2006: Article of Merit, International Federation of Accountants.
- 2006: Lybrand Silver Medal, Institute of Management Accountants.
- 2005: Lybrand Gold, Institute of Management Accountants.
- 2004: Certificate of Excellence for outstanding educational performance and commitment to the students of Miami University, Beta Theta Pi and Gamma Phi Beta.
- 2004: Teaching Excellence Award, Farmer School of Business, Miami University.
- 2003: Certificate of Merit, Institute of Management Accountants.
- 2001, 1996: Nominated for Outstanding Teaching Award, Associated Student Government, Miami University.
Content maintained by