- SPRING 2013
- M 8:45-11:45 am
- W 10:45-11:15 am
- MW 12:30-12:45 pm
- 2:00-2:30 pm
- Others by appointment
- Ph.D. The University of Tennessee, Business Administration, 1996
M.Acc. The University of Tennessee
B.B.A. Northeast Louisiana University, Accounting
Academic & Professional Experience
- Associate Professor of Accountancy, Miami University (2005–Present).
Associate Professor of Accounting, Marquette University (2001–2005).
Assistant Professor of Accounting, Marquette University (1996–2001).
Graduate Teaching Associate, The University of Tennessee (1992–1996).
Auditor, KPMG Peat Marwick (1991–1991).
- Eaton, T., & Easterday, K. (March 2010) A Looming Crisis for Pensions: The Funding of Defined Benefit Pension Plans. The CPA Journal.
- Eaton, T., Hunt, S. & Reinstein, A. (2009) Accounting Faculty Job Search in a Seller's Market. Issues in Accounting Education.
- Eaton, T., & Nofsinger, J. (Summer 2008). Funding Levels and Gender in Public Pension Plans. Public Budgeting & Finance.
- Eaton, T., Nofsinger, J., & Weaver, D. (in press). Disclosure and Cost of Equity in International Cross Listing. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Eaton, T. & Akers, M. (2007). Whistleblowing and Good Governance. CPA Journal.
Eaton, T. (2007). The Coming Accounting Crisis. Journal of College Teaching & Learning.
Eaton, T. & Prucyk, B. (2005). No Longer an Option. Journal of Accountancy.
Eaton, T. & Nofsinger, J. (2004). Cash Management, Accounting Manipulations, and Political Pressure in Public Pension Plans. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
Eaton, T., Giacomino, D., & Akers, M. (2004). Measuring and Changing the Values of Accounting Students. Journal of College Teaching & Learning.
Honors & Awards
- 2010: Winner, Richard T. Farmer Teaching Excellence Award
- 2009-2010: National Co-Chair, Deloitte and Touche Trueblood Committee
- 2008-2009: Faculty Fellow, Ernst & Young, Academic Resource Center
- 2008: Winner, The CPA Journal's Max Block Award for most outstanding article Policy Analysis category
- 2006: Selected as Alumni Teaching Scholar, Miami University (CELT).
2005: Journal of Accountancy Citation of Excellence.
2005: Who's Who in Business Education.
1999: Arthur Andersen Alumni Research Award, Marquette University.
1996–1992: Deloitte & Touche Doctoral Fellowship.
1992: Top Accounting Graduate, Louisiana Society of CPAs.
1992: Outstanding Business Graduate, Wall Street Journal.
1992: Outstanding Graduating Senior, Beta Gamma Sigma.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial accounting
Content maintained by