- 10:00-11:00 MW
or by appointment
Rees Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University, Business Administration, 1990.
- M.A. The Ohio State University, Logistics, 1989.
- M.B.A. The University of Minnesota, 1987.
- B.S.B. University of Minnesota, with high distinction in Accounting, 1982.
Academic & Professional Experience
- James Evans Rees Distinguished Professor of Distribution, Farmer School of Business, Department of Marketing, Miami University (2008-present).
- Chair, Department of Management and Allen Professor of Business, College of Business, Department of Management, Colorado State University (2006-2008).
- John and Barbara Bebbling Professor of Business, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University (2002-2006).
- Dean’s Council of 100 Distinguished Scholar, College of Business, Arizona State University (2001-2002).
- Professor, Supply Chain Management, College of Business, Arizona State University (2000 -2001).
- Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management, College of Business, Arizona State University, (1996-2000).
- Assistant Professor, Purchasing and Logistics Management, College of Business, Arizona State University (1990-1996).
- Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University, September (1989-1990).
- The Pillsbury Company (1982-1987).
Krause, D. and Ellram, L.M., The Effects of the Economic Downturn On Interdependent Buyer-Supplier Relationships, Forthcoming in Journal of Business Logistics.
Mena, C., Terry, L., Williams, A., Ellram, L.M., "Causes of Waste across Multi-tier Supply Networks: Cases in the UK Food Sector," Special Issue on Sustainable Food Supply Chain Management in the International Journal of Production Economics (IJPE) 152 June 2014, pp. 144-158.
Wu, Z., Ellram, L.M., Schuchard, R., “Understanding the Role of Government and Buyers in Supplier Energy Efficiency Initiatives,” Journal of Supply Chain Management 50 (2) April 2014, pp 84-105.
Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Schoenherr, T., Petersen, K.J., “Global competitive conditions driving the manufacturing location decision,” Business Horizons 57 (3) May-June 2014, pp 381-390.
Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Dooley, K.J. (Forthcoming). The Impact of Transaction Costs and Institutional Pressure on Supplier Environmental Practices. International Journal of Physical Distribution, and Logistics Management 44(5) 2014.
Ellram, L.M and Cooper M. C., “Supply Chain Management: It's All About the Journey, Not the Destination,” Journal of Supply Chain Management, Volume 50, Issue 1, pp. 8–20. (invited but refereed)
Ellram, L.M. and Krause, D., “Robust supplier relationships: Key lessons from the economic downturn. Business Horizons 57 (2), 2014. Pages 203-213.
Ellram , L. M., Tate , W. L., Petersen , K. J., “Offshoring and reshoring: An update on the manufacturing location decision.” Journal of Supply Chain Management. v. 49 no. 2 p. 14–22. 2013.
Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Golgeci, I., "Diffusion of Environmental Business Practices: A Network Approach," Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 19 (4) December 2013, pp 264-275.
Ellram, L.M., Tate, W.L., Feitzinger, E. “Factor Market Rivalry: An Application to Logistics.” Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 49, No. 1, 2013, p. 29-46.
Patel, P.C., Azadegan, A., Ellram, L.M., “The Effects of Strategic and Structural Supply Chain Orientation on Operational and Customer-Focused Performance," Decision Sciences 44 (4) August 2013, p. 713-753.
Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M. “The influence of Service outsourcing on Supply Management Strategy and Structure, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 48, No. 4, 2012, p 8-29.
Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Dooley, K.J.. “Environmental purchasing and supplier management (EPSM): Theory and practice,” Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Volume 18, Issue 3, September 2012, Pages 173-188.
Tate, W.L., Dooley, K.L., Ellram, L.M., Drivers of Supplier Adoption of Sustainable Business Practices, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2011, pp 6-16.
Bode, C., Petersen, K., Wagner, S. and Ellram, L.M., “Buffer Or Bridge? Responses To Supply Chain Disruptions,"Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 54, No. 4, 2011, pp. 833-856.
Golicic, S., Boerstler, C., Ellram L.M., “Greening Transportation in the Supply Chain,” MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 51, no. 2, Winter 2010, pp. 47-55.
- Ellram, Lisa M. and Linda L. Stanley, “Strategic cost management: the interface between product, process, and supply chain design,” Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 2008, Vol. 14, pp. 180– 191.
- Ellram, Lisa M., Wendy L. Tate and C.R. Carter, “An Integrative Approach to 3DCE,” International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 2007, Vol. 37, No. 4. pp 305-330.
- Ellram, Lisa M., Wendy L. Tate and Corey Billington, “Services Supply Management: The Next Frontier for Improved Organizational Performance,” California Management Review, Summer 2007, Volume 49., No. 4, pp. 44-66.
- Corrêa, Henrique Luiz, Lisa M. Ellram, Annibal José Scavarda, and Martha C. Cooper, “An Alternative View of the Services and Goods Product Mix”, International Journal of Production and Operations Management, 2007, Volume 27, No. 5, pp 444-463.
- Craig R. Carter, Ellram, L.M. and Tate, W.L. "Structure, Influence and Beliefs: A Logistics Application of Social Network Analysis", Journal of Business Logistics 2007, Volume 28, No. 1, pp. 137-168.
- Research: offshore outsourcing, services supply chain management, sustainable supply chain management and all areas of supply chain cost management.
Teaching: logistics management and supply chain management
Content maintained by