- TR 2:15pm-4:15pm
other times by appointment
Raymond E. Glos Professor
- Ph.D. University of Iowa, Economics, 1984
- B.S. University of South Dakota, Mathematics and Economics, 1978
Academic & Professional Experience
- 2008-present: Raymond E. Glos Professor of Business
- 2004-present: Research Fellow, IZA (Institute for Study of Labor).
- 1995-present: Professor, Economics, Miami University.
- 1994-present: Research Fellow, Employee Benefit Research Institute.
- 1988-2004: Associate Director, Center for Pension and Retirement Research.
1990-1995: Associate Professor, Economics, Miami University.
- 1984-1990: Assistant Professor, Economics, Miami University.
- 1983-1984: Visiting Assistant Professor, Economics, Miami University.
- "Is Bigger Still Better? The Decline of the Wage Premium at Large Firms." With David Macpherson. Southern Economic Journal 78(4), April 2012: 1181-1201
- "Growth of Participant Direction in Defined Contribution Plans." With David Macpherson, Industrial Relations 49(2), April 2010.
- "Managing Risk Caused by Pension Investments in Company Stock." With David Macpherson. National Tax Journal, Volume 57, Issue 3, September 2009: 439-453.
- "Pension Investments in Employer Stock" with David Macpherson. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Volume 7, Issue 01, Mar 2008, pp 67-93
- "The Distributional Consequences of the Shift to Defined Contribution Plans." with David Macpherson, Industrial Relations 46 (3), July 2007: 551-581.
- "The Effects of Employer Matching in 401(k) Plans", with David Macpherson. Industrial Relations 44, July 2005: 525-549.
- "When Will the Gender Gap in Retirement Income Narrow?", with David Macpherson. Southern Economic Journal 71, July 2004: 182-200.
- "Company Stock in Pension Funds", with David Macpherson, National Tax Journal 57 (June 2004): 299-313.
Honors & Awards
- 2007: Farmer School Faculty Award for Research Excellence.
- 2004: Selected as an IZA Research Fellow.
- 1994-1997: Farmer School Faculty Fellow Award, Miami University.
- 1995: Selected as an EBRI Research Fellow, Employee Benefit Research Institute.
- 1993: Outstanding Faculty Member at Miami University, Crossing the Boundaries Program.
- 1976: Dale Bales Economics Award, University of South Dakota.
- 1974: William E. Ekman Mathematics Award, University of South Dakota.
Areas of Expertise
- Labor economics
- Pension economics
Content maintained by