- PhD (Accountancy), University of Illinois, May 2010
- Master of Accountancy, University of Wisconsin-Madison, May 2000
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin-Madison, May 1999
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Miami University (2010-present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Illinois (2010)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois (2004-2009)
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois (2005-2008)
- Project Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2000)
- Ballou, B., Casey, R.J., Grenier, J.H., and D.L. Heitger. 2012. Exploring the strategic integration of sustainability initiatives: Opportunities for accounting research. Accounting Horizons 26 (2): 265-288.
- Brezina, M., Casey, R.J., Grenier, J.H. and A.B. Reffett. 2012. The SMU football recruiting scandal: A primer on compliance auditing and forensic investigations. Forthcoming - Journal of Accounting Education (Special Issue).
- Grenier, J.H., Ballou, B., and S. Philip. 2012. Enhancing actual and perceived audit committee effectiveness through financial expert certification. Forthcoming - Current Issues in Auditing (December).
- Grenier, J.H., Pomeroy, B., and A. Reffett. 2012. Speak up or shut up? The moderating role of credibility on auditor remedial defense tactics. Forthcoming - Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory (November).
- Grenier, J.H., Pomeroy, B., and A. Reffett. 2012. When do auditor defense tactics increase rather than decrease perceived auditor negligence? Forthcoming - Current Issues in Auditing (December).
Honors & Awards
- AAA ABO Section Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2011
- University Graduate Fellowship, 2004-2009
- Marvin and Nancy Dennis Doctoral Fellowship 2008-2009
- Richard and Marie Irwin Fellowship (Full Academic Year Support), 2006-2007
- Victor L. Bernard Memorial Award, 2006-2007
- Lillian and Morrie Moss Fellowship, 2005-2006
- National Winner - PricewaterhouseCoopers xFAC Doctoral Case Competition, 2007
- Research: Professional skepticism, Industry specialization, Auditor independence, Auditor negligence, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Teaching: Auditing, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting
Content maintained by