* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
Professor Business Legal Studies
Finance & BUS 101
- J.D. Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1978
B.A. Miami University, English, 1975
Academic & Professional Experience
- Professor, Miami University (2003–Present).
Associate Professor, Miami University (1992–2002).
Associate Professor, West Carolina University (1990–1992).
Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina–Wilmington (1987–1990).
Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming (1984–1987).
Assistant Professor, Bowling Green State University (1982–1984).
- Herron, D. J. & Haughey, D. (in press). P&G and Unilever: A Mission Statement in Action. ( forthcoming). Midwest Law Review.
Herron, D. J. & Pattison, P. (2003). The Mountains are High and the Emperor is Far Away: Sanctity of Contract in China. American Business Law Journal, 40 (3).
Herron, D. J., Pattison, P., & Greller, M. (2002). State of the Academy: Satisfaction of the Membership. Journal of Legal Studies Education, 20 (1).
Kubesek, N., Herron, D., Browne, N., Ostas, D. & Giampetro-Meyer, A. (2002). Contemporary Business Law in a Global Economy Crown Publishing.
Honors & Awards
- 2005: Finalist for the Farmer School of Business Effective Educator Award, Farmer School of Business.
2004: Congressman Neal Smith Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Legal Studies Educator, American Mock Trial Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Employment law
- Legal history
- Legal theory