Endres Associate Professor Fellow & Miami University Distinguished Scholar
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Operations and Management Science, 2004
- M.Sc. Shanghai JiaoTong University, Industrial Management Engineering, 1998
- B.S. Shanghai JiaoTong University, Mechanical Engineering & Industrial Management Engineering, 1995
Academic & Professional Experience
- Research Assistant, University of Minnesota (2000–2003).
- Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota (1999–2003).
- SAP Consultant, Deloitte & Touche Consulting Group (ICS), (1998).
- Kristal, M.M., Huang, X., and Roth, A.V., "The Effect of an Ambidextrous Supply Chain Strategy on Combinative Competitive Capabilities and Business Performance," Journal of Operations Management, forthcoming.
- Kristal, M.M., Huang, X., and Schroeder, R.G., "The Effect of Quality Management on Mass Customization Capability," International Journal of Operations and Production Management, forthcoming.
- Xiaowen Huang, Kristal, M. M., and Roger G. Schroeder, "The impact of organizational structure on mass customization capability: A contingency view." Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.
- Roth, A. V., Schroeder, R.G., Huang, X., and Kristal, M. M. (2008) Handbook of Metrics for Research in Operations Management: Multi-item Measurement Scales and Objective Items, Sage Publications.
- Xiaowen Huang, Kristal, M. M., and Schroeder, R. G. (2008) “Linking Learning and Effective Process Implementation to Mass Customization Capabilities.” Journal of Operations Management, 26(5). 714-729
- Xiaowen Huang, Gattiker, T. F., and Schwartz, J. L. (2008) "Initial Trust Formation in the Supply Chain: A Comparison of Face-to-Face Negotiation, Email Negotiation and Internet Reverse Auctions." Journal of Supply Chain Management, in press.
- Xiaowen Huang, Gattiker, T. F., and Schroeder, R. G. (2007) “Structure-Infrastructure alignment: The relationship between TQM orientation and the adoption of supplier-facing electronic commerce among manufacturers.” Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44(1) 38–51.
- Gattiker, T., Huang, X., & Schwarz, J. L. (2007) “Negotiation, Email, and Internet Reverse Auctions: How Sourcing Mechanisms Deployed by Buyers Affect Suppliers’ Trust.” Journal of Operations Management, 25(1) 184–202.
Honors & Awards
- 2010: Richard K. Smucker Junior Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence recipient.
- 2010: James Robeson Junior Faculty Award for Research Excellence recipient.
- 2010: Miami Alumni Association's Effective Educator Award nominee
- 2008: Harold E. Fearon Best Paper Award, Journal of Supply Chain Management
- 2008: Richard K. Smucker Junior Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence nominee
- Research: Supply Chain Management, Management of Technology, Service Operations Management, Operations Strategy
- Teaching: Supply Chain Management, Operations Strategy
Areas of Expertise
- Management of technology
- Service management
- Supply chain management
Content maintained by