Professor & Director, Higgin Kim Asian Business Program
Information Systems & Analytics
- Ph.D. University of Nebraska, Business Administration- MIS, 1987
- M.B.A. University of Colorado, Business Administration, 1984
- B.S. SungKyunKwan University, Textile Engineering, 1982
Academic & Professional Experience
- Director: Higgin Kim Asia Business Program, Farmer School of Business (FSB), Miami University (MU), Ohio (August 2006 – Present)
Professor: Information Systems and Analytics (ISA), FSB, MU (August 1997- Present)
- Program Coordinator: Asia Exchange Program in Business, FSB, MU (August 2005-July 2006)
- Associate Professor: ISA, FSB, MU (August 1992-June 1997)
- Tenured: FSB, Miami University (August 1992)
- Assistant Professor: ISA, FSB, MU (August 1987-July 1992)
- Teaching Assistant: University of Nebraska, Lincoln (August1986-May 1987)
- Research Assistant: University of Nebraska, Lincoln (August1985-May 1987)
- "Perception Gaps about Skills Requirement for Entry-Level IS Professionals between Recruiters and Students: An Exploratory Study," Sooun Lee and Xiang Fang, Information Resource Management Journal, Vol. 21, No. 3, July-September 2008, pp. 39-63.
- "An East-West Comparison of IS Professionals' Performance and Knowledge/Skills: An Empirical Study of USA vs. Taiwan," David Yen, K. Chen, S. Koh, & Sooun Lee, Communication of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. Article 9, Jan. 2005.
- "Transition of Knowledge/Skills Requirement for Entry-Level IS Professionals: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Xiang Fang and Sooun Lee, Vol. XLVI, No. 1, 2005, pp. 58-70.
- "An Empirical Study about the Critical Factors affecting MIS students' Job Opportunities," Xiang Fang and Sooun Lee, Journal of Information Technology in Education, Vol. 4, 2005, pp. 389-404.
- "The Relationship between Information Technology Professionals' Skill Requirements and Career Stage in the E-commerce Era: An Empirical Study," Journal of Global Information Management, co-author, Vol.12, No.1, Jan-Mar 2004, pp.68-82.
- "Critical Factors Affecting Job Offers for New MIS Graduates," Journal of Information Systems Education, co-author, Vol. 15, No. 2, summer 2004, pp.189-204.
- "Comparative Analysis between Students Offered Jobs VS. Students Not Offered a Job in Management Information Systems: An Exploratory Study," Review of Business Information Systems, co-author, Vol. 8, No. 3, summer 2004, pp.39-50.
- "Differences in perception of IS Knowledge and Skills between Academia and Industry: Findings from Taiwan," International Journal of Information Management, co-author, Vol. 23, 2003, pp. 507-522.
- "Perception Gaps between IS Academicians and IS Practitioners: An Exploratory Study," Information & Management-Research, Vol. 40, 2002, pp. 51-61.
Honors & Awards
- Nominated for Associated Student Government's 2009-2010 Outstanding Professor Award.
- Nominated for Associated Student Government's 2002-2003 Outstanding Professor Award.
- Nominated for Miami's Effective Educator Award 2001-2002 by the Miami student class of 1997.
- Received the Best Paper Award (in recognition of Excellence in Research by Peer Evaluation), co-author, International Applied Business Research Conference, Acapulco, Mexico, 2003. Received the Best Conference Paper Award," co-author, International Business Schools Computer Users Group Conference, 1995.
- RECENT PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATION
- "Causes of Economic Strength in S. Korea and Roles of Its Multinational Corporations," Sole invited speaker, Global MBA program, Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan, July 20, 2012
- "New Korea: Forefront of Globalization," Sole invited speaker, Sponsored by Miami University (East Asian Studies Committee, The Center for American and World Culture, Farmer School of Business), April 18, 2012.
- "South Korea Poised to Lead World Economy in 21st Century," Invited speaker/panelist at the 2nd Annual Calvin and Helen Lang Symposium "Asia in the Global Context", Chao Auditorium, The University of Louisville-Kentucky, April 14, 2012.
Areas of Expertise
- Asian business and economy
- Global Software Piracy: Causes and Prevention
- Successful entry strategies to Asia's emerging markets
- Intellectual property rights piracy
- Management information systems education
Content maintained by