- 8:45-9:45 MWF
or by appointment
- Ph.D. University of Houston, Marketing, 1998
- M.A.S. Lamar University, Business Administration, 1992
- B.B.A. Lamar University, 1988
- Oakenfull, Gillian (forthcoming), "What Matters: Factors Influencing Gay Consumers' Evaluations of Gay-friendly Corporate Activities" Journal of Public Policy and Marketing in a special issue titled "Marketplace Diversity and Inclusion."
- Oakenfull, Gillian (forthcoming), "Gay Consumers and Brand Usage: The Gender-Flexing Role of Gay Identity and Community Involvement" Psychology and Marketing.
- McCarthy, Michael and Gillian Oakenfull (forthcoming), "CAUCUS: A Methodology for Eliciting Brand Associations Across Competitors," Journal of Advertising Research.
- Oakenfull, Gillian (forthcoming), "Unraveling The Movement From The Marketplace: Lesbian Responses To Gay-Oriented Advertising," Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness in a special issue on marketing to diverse consumers.
- She teaches both Strategy Works and Highwire Brand Studio undergraduate senior capstones and recently developed and taught an online version of Principles of Marketing, the Farmer School of Business's first online offering. She also developed and teaches the Globalization and Marketing Strategy course within the MBA program.
- Her research focuses on two areas of expertise (i) the Gay and Lesbian Consumer market and (ii) measuring brand meaning and brand management.
Areas of Expertise
- Branding and advertising
- Consumer evaluations of brand extensions
- Global marketing
- International marketing
- Marketing communications
- Marketing strategy
- Social marketing
- Targeting diverse markets
Content maintained by