- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, Marketing, 2007
- MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Marketing, 1996
- B.A., Shri Ram College of Commerce, Economics,1993
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Miami University (2007-Present)
- Graduate Research Assistant in Marketing, Penn State University (2002-2007)
- Instructor, International Management Institute (2000-2001)
- Sanjay Puligadda, William T. Ross Jr., and Rajdeep Grewal, (2012). "Individual Differences in Brand Schematicity," Journal of Marketing Research, 49(1), 115-130.
- Sanjay Puligadda, Rajdeep Grewal, Arvind Rangaswamy and Frank R. Kardes, (2010). "Optimizing Variety in Mass Customization: A Theoretical Perspective." Journal of Consumer Psychology. 20(3), 369-380.
- Sanjay Puligadda, and William T. Ross Jr., (2010). "The Unique Effects of Branding On Variety Perception," Journal of Brand Management, Volume 18, Issue 2 (October/November).
- Sanjay Puligadda, Devon Delvecchio, and Bob Gilbreath, " Making Marketing Meaningful’, How Consumers Reward Meaningful Marketing: An Empirical Investigation," (in press) Journal of Marketing Communication, DOI: 10.1080/13527266.2012.693121.
- Sanjay Puligadda, Rajdeep Grewal, Arvind Rangaswamy, and Frank R. Kardes, (2007). "Optimizing Variety in Mass Customization: A Theoretical Perspective," Advances in Consumer Research, 34, p 740-742.
- Devon Delvechio, and Sanjay Puligadda, "The Effects of Discounts on Perceptions of Brand Quality: A Choice Task Perspective," Journal of Product and Brand Management, 2012, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p465-474. 10p. DOI: 10.1108/10610421211264946.
- Sanjay Puligadda, William T. Ross Jr., and Chan Jinje "The Class of The Loyalties: The Role of Brand Versus Store Loyalty in A Stockout," Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, Nov2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p570-577. 8p. DOI: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2012.07.002.
- Sanjay Puligadda, Maria L. Cronley, and Frank R. Kardes, "The Influence of Global versus Local Processing on Brand Extension Evaluations," (in press), Journal of Brand Management, DOI: 10.1057/bm.2012.54
Honors & Awards
- Smeal Small Research Grant from the Dean's Office, Penn State, 2005, USD 1400
- Graham Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University, 2002-2004, USD 8000
- Represented Smeal at Haring, based on performance in Candidacy Exam
- Research: Investigating the consumer-brand
relationship and the role of consumers' mental processes on the
influence of marketers' branding activities, consumers' processing of
attribute information, sound theory and methodology to investigate
hitherto unexplored issues that have direct implications for the
Content maintained by