- SPRING 2014
- M 4:00-5:00 pm
- T 1:00-4:00 pm
- W 10:30-11:30 am
- Others by appointment
M. Dale Stoel
- Doctor of Philosophy (Accounting and Management Information Systems), The Ohio State University, 2006
- Master of Science in Management, Purdue University, 1992
- Bachelor of Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Purdue University, 1987
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Accountancy, Miami University (2007 to present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Accounting and Information Systems, The Ohio State University (2006-2007)
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Accounting and Information Systems, The Ohio State University (2001-2005)
- Director, Gartner Consulting (1999-2001)
- Sr. Consultant / Manager / Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting (1992-1999)
- Design Engineer - IBM, Kingston, NY (1987-1990)
Stoel, M. & Muhanna, W. 2012. The Dimensions and Directionality of Trust and Their Roles in Development of Shared Business-IT Understanding, Information & Management, 49, p.248-256.
- Stoel, D., Havelka, D., & Merhout, J. 2012. An analysis of attributes that impact information technology audit quality: A study of IT and financial audit practitioners, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 13(1), p60-79.
- Ballou, B., D. Heitger & D. Stoel. 2011 How Board of Directors Perceive Risk Management Information. Management Accounting Quarterly, 12(4), p14-22.
- Stoel, M. and Muhanna, W. 2011. IT internal control weaknesses and firm performance: An organizational liability lens, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 12(4), p.280-304.
- Stoel, M. and W. Muhanna. 2009. "IT capabilities and firm
performance: A contingency analysis of the role of industry and IT
capability type," Information & Management, 46 (3), p181-189.
- Stoel, M. and W. Muhanna. 2010. "The Value Relevance of Information
Technology Capability: An Empirical Assessment." Journal of Information
Content maintained by